I Love My County Art Contest
All students in grades kindergarten through 8 are invited to share their artwork using the application form. Before you begin your application, please review the eligibility, guidelines, judging criteria and deadline information.
- Only students who are in grades kindergarten through 8 in Kentucky are eligible.
- Each submission must be original artwork created during 2023 by one student.
- Submitted artwork must depict a scene in your county that illustrates a reason why you love your county.
- The artwork must be horizontal 11" wide x 8.5" tall
- Technical skill: The artwork must display artistic skill in painting, drawing or digital art.
- Creativity: The artwork must be original in its expression of a personal vision or voice. It must be the student's own work and cannot be plagiarized or in violation of any copyright.
- Artist’s statement: Along with the artwork, each student is required to submit a brief (1-3 sentence) statement that explains the scene depicted and why they love their county. See Deadline and Submission Requirements section for detailed information needed in statement.
Deadline and Submission Requirements
- Students from all Kentucky counties are eligible to enter.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning Aug. 18 and ending Oct. 13, 2023, at 11:59 PM EDT.
- Students can submit their artwork for consideration at this link or by clicking the button below. You may also download a paper application here.
- For electronic submissions, the design must be 300 dpi at 11” wide by 8.5” tall and RGB color.
- Information that must be submitted on the application includes the student’s name, county, grade level, the parent/guardian’s name and contact information, a brief (1-3 sentence) statement to explain the scene depicted in the artwork and why the artist loves their county.
- Only one submission per student is allowed.
- There is no entry fee.
The first place winner will receive $250, second place will receive $100, and $50 will be awarded for third place. In addition, all winners will be invited to attend the KACo annual conference and will be featured in County Line magazine.
In addition to your digital submission, please send your original artwork to the KACo Headquarters at:
Kentucky Association of Counties
400 Englewood Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
Attention: Rebecca Jackson
We are excited to see the great artwork from students in counties across the Commonwealth!
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Jackson, KACo graphic designer, at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.