Rural and Municipal Aid Funding Processes
March 11, 2021
This page includes links to resources related to rural and municipal aid FLEX funding, 80-20 funding, cooperative funding, emergency funding, rural and secondary road funding and the dynamics of discretionary funding.
On March 10, 2021, KACo held a virtual training on rural and municipal aid funding processes with staff and leadership from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
- Mike Hancock, Deputy Secretary, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
- Bobbi Jo Lewis, Commissioner, Department of Rural and Municipal Aid
- Craig Caudill, Engineering Branch Manager
- Shelby Peel, Executive Staff Advisor/Rural Secondary Roads Project Manager
Throughout the presentation, a few resources were mentioned:
- The Rural and Municipal Aid website, which you can access here and includes lots of general information, a guidebook, bridge and beam drawings, forms and a video tutorial on how to locate mile points using the mapping system, etc.
- The local roads mapping system, which can be accessed here.