Five graduate from NACo Leadership Academy
Five Kentucky county and KACo staff members participated in the most recent round of the NACo Leadership Academy, a 12-week online program that empowers frontline county government employees with fundamental leadership skills. Across the country, more than 4,600 county employees have participated.
County and KACo staff who completed the Academy in April include:
- Sonya Chesser, Executive Assistant to CEO/Director of Administrative Services, Kentucky Association of Counties
- Dwight Morgan, Road Supervisor, Hardin County
- Darlene M. Plummer, Property Valuation Administrator, Kenton County
- Jonathan Sharp, IT Manager, Kentucky Association of Counties
- Kelli Starry, Payroll Specialist, Hardin County
"Participating in the NACo High Performance Leadership Academy has strengthened my managing skills and provided me with great takeaways to benefit me both professionally and personally," Chesser said. "The 12-week program focuses primarily on communication, collaboration and leading effective change."
Chesser highly recommends the program "because leaders never cease to learn," she said.