Kentucky Association of Counties

KACo Logo

The Kentucky Association of Counties

Services

County Champion

SPOTLIGHT

Applications opening April 1 for $297 million to meet housing and infrastructure needs

From the Governor's Office
Funds available to help communities recover from 2022 floods.

Gov. Andy Beshear announced that beginning April 1, the Department for Local Government (DLG) will begin taking applications for funding from Kentucky’s 2022 Disaster Recovery Program.

This program is helping communities impacted by the flooding of 2022. Applications will be accepted for projects addressing housing, infrastructure, economic development and resiliency planning from the $297,994,000 allocated to Kentucky by the federal government to respond to the flooding of 2022.

Under the Disaster Recovery program, the five counties most impacted and distressed by the 2022 flooding – Breathitt, Letcher, Knott, Perry and Pike – will receive 80% of the funds. The other 20% of funding will help an additional 15 counties also impacted by 2022 flooding.

Applications can be completed by eligible cities, counties, nonprofits, for-profit organizations and other governmental entities. These groups will be conducting public outreach to make sure they are meeting housing needs in their impacted communities.

Applications will be available on the DLG’s website starting April 1. Questions about the program can be sent to DLG.DR@ky.gov.

Kentucky Association of Counties
400 Englewood Drive, Frankfort, KY 40601