Human Resources Manager, Fayette County Clerk's Office
The HR manager oversees all human resources related activities at the Fayette County Clerk’s Office. This includes, but is not limited to: recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, talent management, performance management, employee communication, payroll and social/charitable activities.
Sick and vacation leave
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
• Recruiting and interviewing job candidates.
• Running payroll, including entering new employee information, monitoring timesheets, and running accounting reports.
• Administering benefits, including paying bills, setting payroll deductions, and reviewing retirement benefits.
• Manages employee relations by helping employees and answering questions.
• Provides guidance to all managers with disciplinary actions and prepares Performance Improvement Plans.
• Complete compensation studies and ensure pay equity.
• Coordinating and completing all employee training.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Prepares internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies.
• Advising management and county clerk on HR issues.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Five+ years of HR management experience required.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and statutes required.
• Knowledge of compensation and benefits policies and requirements.
• Five+ years in management capacity, particularly in advising other managers.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, seldomly stand, and occasionally walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift or carry up to 15 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Fayette County Clerk’s Office is committed to nondiscrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or ancestry, or because the individual is a smoker or non-smoker, as long as the person complies with any workplace policy concerning smoking.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.